Personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to identify you, for example: your name; gender; birth date; address; telephone/fax number; number of persons in household; email address; credit card information or any information you submit to shakeys.com. If you do not want us to collect any personally identifiable information, please do not submit it to us. However, if you do not submit personally identifiable information, some features or functions of our websites may not be available to you.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect information that you choose to provide us when you voluntarily fill out a form providing your name and contact information, join our e-club, place an order, fill out a survey, enter a contest, fill out a franchise inquiry/application, apply for employment, post comments, or interact on our social media sites.
We collect information from third parties. For example, we might get information about you from one of our franchisees. This information might be combined with information we already have.
Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies go to aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see aboutads.info/consumers.
3. What do we use the information for?
Any of the information you provide may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience; your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To send out periodic emails and marketing communications. The e-mail address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to occasional company news, updates, related product and service information.
- To process transactions when you place an online order.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Web Site features.
- Shakey’s uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by its servers primarily to help it administer and improve its Web Sites. Shakey’s may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about its Web Sites to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
- To improve our products and customer service.
- Processing job applications, including to communicate with you and to conduct applicant and employment-related statistical evaluation and record keeping.
- To communicate with you about your account or your relationship with us.
- Allowing you to participate in the interactive features of the Site or services.
- Determining which features and services users like best to help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our services and the Site, and display advertising and marketing information.
- Responding to reviews, comments or other feedback you provide us.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the Site or other services requested.
4. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order, enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database, only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential. We recommend that you use caution when using the Internet or Mobile Sites or Applications.
5. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Web Sites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Web Sites policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety, however non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other purposes.
6. How long do we retain information?
7. Deletion of your personal information
If you no longer wish to have your personal information be processed, you may request to delete your account and the information in your account, subject to certain limitations by emailing us as described below. Once you submit your request, we will send an email to the email address linked to your account requesting that you confirm your deletion request. Once you confirm your request to delete your account and data, this process can’t be cancelled, undone, withdrawn, or reversed. When your account is deleted, all associated personal information is deleted.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 179.83, individual customers who reside in California and who have an existing business relationship with us may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if any.
To make a request, send an email with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by these California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Pursuant to applicable California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Shakey’s USA makes the following disclosures regarding the personal information collected within the last 12 months.
|Personal Information||Source of Data Collected||Purpose of Collection||Third Parties to Whom Data is Disclosed|
|First and last name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender.||Directly from the user/customer||To provide services to our customers including our e-club and loyalty programs.||Service Providers|
|Online and Mobile application log-in credentials||Directly from the user/customer||To enable access to our mobile/online applications.||Service Providers|
|Location Data||Cookies||To provide user with location-specific services such as showing nearby restaurants on our website.||N/A|
|Credit Card or other payment information||Directly from user/customer||To process orders or other transactions made on our Sites.||Service Providers|
|Metadata about how users’ access and use our Sites.||Cookies, web beacons, pixels, social media widgets and other tracking technologies.||To conduct data analytics||N/A|
9. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. If you are a California resident, pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to request the categories of personal information Shakey’s USA has collected about you; and the categories or sources from which your personal information is collected; the categories of third parties with whom Shakey’s USA shares your personal information; deletion of your personal information; and an opt out of having your personal information disclosed or sold to third parties.
10. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (“COPPA”)
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA. We do not specifically collect information about children under the age of 13 without parental consent (Our e-club allows a parent to add a child’s birthday to receive special offers through the parent’s e-mail.) Under COPPA, you have the right to review and have any of your child’s information deleted (which you can do by contacting us as described below).
12. Your consent:
13. Terms and Conditions:
15. Revision Date:
16. Contact Us:
2200 W. Valley Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91803